The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

First Glimpse of Baby Ivie #2

Making the misery all worth it!

We had our first sonogram this past week and I think Chris may actually believe this to be real! It always amazes me the amount you can see on ultrasound so early on. Our little prune (that is the comparable size, 3.8 cm!) was rolling and wiggling all over the place. We could see the arms and legs and watch the heart beat. Such a miracle. The baby looked "perfect" and our due date is accurate (Feb. 8).

We did get one bit of bad news. My blood pressure was elevated and my doctor was concerned that I may be developing gestational hypertension that could ultimately lead to preeclampsia. At week 37 during my pregnancy with Ryan my blood pressure became elevated and I got admitted for 24 hours and then put on bed rest for two weeks before I delivered her. Apparently, since this happened with Ryan, I am predisposed to having the same issues again. The only bad thing is that I am only almost 11 weeks along with this baby. So, the plan is that I will be monitored closer this go round and may end up on bed rest again (I am praying that doesn't happen- 2 weeks was too long last time!) We asked the doctor if there was anything that I could do to help lower my pressure and the only thing she told me was to "try not to worry about it". Too bad that is the one thing that I cannot do! I am trying, but that is not my nature. I am a worrier. I am trying to take it easy and rest when I can. Considering I have felt so bad the past 4 weeks, I have been doing way more resting than normal. This pregnancy has been SO different than the last. I ran on average 3-4 miles 5 days a week until I was 6 months pregnant with the Munch. I got on the treadmill for the first time in a month today for a 30 minute jog. It actually felt pretty good, so maybe I will be able to add that back to my life. I think it would do wonders for my mental health and maybe help relieve some unneeded stress.


Ryan is absolutely wonderful! She is so much fun now. She now has 4 teeth (one on top!) and is so funny the way she communicates with us. She is such a happy girl and brings so much happiness to all of our lives. She reminds me everyday when I feel bad how worth it this pregnancy thing is. I can't wait to see Ryan as a big sister. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment