The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday School

Ryan attended her first Sunday school class. I decided I wanted her to start going on Sundays so that when she starts preschool in the fall it will be easier. Easier for both her and me. It had been a year since I left Ryan at the gym daycare. And she never made it a whole hour. I wasn't sure how this was gonna play out. Chris was at work so I invited Mom to come with me and the girls. We got their ten minutes early to get Ryan situated in her class. It was quite the ordeal to get her registered and by the time I got back to her classroom I could hear her screaming and I found Mom outside the door looking close to tears. They had taken Ry from Mom and shut the door. The director of the toddler Sunday school reassured me that she would be fine and that I should go and enjoy church. I had to make my mom get up and come with me. I also had to ask her to stop looking like she was going to cry or I was going to start. It was pretty hard to walk away knowing Ry was scared. I knew that I had to do it and I also knew that it would be good for her. I got a pager and told them to page me if she was still carrying on in ten minutes. I really hoped she would have a good time with the other kids. Even thought I wanted to peak in at her I made myself walk away. If I was going to leave her for over 5 hours twice a week next fall I had to be able to leave her for an hour.
Emma, Mom and I went to church. I held the pager the entire time and at one point I convinced myself it was broken. At the halfway mark I asked Mom if I should go check on her and she told me to stick it out the entire hour. So, I did. As soon as the service started winding down (an hour and fifteen minutes total) we quickly got up and ran to get Ryan. To my surprise when I got to her classroom I peeked in and saw her happily playing. She had even set down bunny! The teachers said she did great. She said "bye everybody" as we left. In the car I asked her what she learned in her class today. She pointed to Jesus on her handout and said "friend". Then she started singing a song that I have never heard. The verse that she kept repeating was "butterfly happy all day". Apparently, she learned a lot. I love this church, and the Sunday school program, and am so happy that Ryan gets to go to preschool here next fall. There is definitely a reason everybody speaks so highly of it. I got an email that afternoon describing what Ryan will be learning about this month at Sunday school and letting me know that she had a great time, enjoyed books, and loved music time. This girl is going to LOVE school!

Munch getting ready to go to Sunday school
Punky ready for church!


Ruffle butt


My sweet, sweet girl

Emma caught a cat nap on Mamaw during the service

She was happy to see her Grandpa after church!

No comments:

Post a Comment