The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, February 14, 2014

VD 2014

My girls had another fun filled Valentines Day!  I was once again fortunate enough to be able to be at their school and help out with Ryan's party.  Next year, I will be able to help with Emma's too.  They don't start letting parents do the parties until next year for Emma. Not only was today a special day, but this week has been pretty special for the girls.  They have gotten to see four out of their six grandparents, all in the last 4 days! That is pretty cool.  Mamaw and Pa kept them Tuesday, Gramma Peg came over Wednesday (with Valentines and birthday gifts!) and watched their ballet, Gran kept them Thursday (and brought Valentines gifts and a birthday gift for me!), and then Mamaw and Pa brought Valentines today and treated the Ivie girls to dinner, since Chris is working. Lots of love.  At dinner tonight Ryan said "we are a happy family".  I agree, although we were missing Daddy.  We look forward to spending the day with him tomorrow.
Ryan opening her VD gift from Gran.
Emma got some Reeses Pieces, my favorite!
Emma, on her way to school in her new VD outfit from Mommy
Ready for her party at school
Saying bye to my Pea outside of her classroom.
My littlest Love.
Ryan waiting patiently for the party to start.
She spotted me!
She also got to say the prayer before the party started.
Nothing makes me prouder than to hear her be thankful to God.
Being witness to this pure, genuine and innocent grace was my gift.
She was so excited I was there, so glad I could be.
Making her mailbox.
She looks so much like my Dad and my Granny in this picture.
For that reason, I love this picture (and this kid) so much it hurts.
Blowing bubbles after school.
Ryan's 'boyfriend' (who changed schools at Christmas), Brendan,
stopped by after school to hand deliver Ryan a Valentine.
It was so darn cute.  She was giddy!
The sweet gift from Brendan.
Ryan is crazy about Brendan! I found this in her backpack.
Ryan's art from school.
The Valentine Ryan made for me at school.
These four people have taught me what true, unconditional love is.

No comments:

Post a Comment