The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Stage one nesting

A few days away from the double digit count down it began.......Chris was on shift and the girls and I had nothing going on so I decided to start working on Polly's room.  We finally made a FINAL decision that she will take over the "Mamaw room" (our 4th guest bedroom on the opposite side of the house that Mom stays in a lot).  We had been going back and forth about whether or not we would move Ryan to the Mamaw room, and we finally decided we would leave Ryan where she is and put Polly in the Mamaw room.  Although it is on the other side of the house as all of our bedrooms we think it will be best at first. This way we don't uproot R or E and the baby will have her own quiet side of the house for naps and the girls can play in their rooms without me having to make them be quiet.  This does mean a lot of work for me in the early weeks of breastfeeding every 3 hours around the clock, but I can do it.  We will also need a monitor to hear little Polly from our room.  Since we had finally made a decision I decided to get going on it. I climbed up in the attic and started getting things down for her room. I found my bin of newborn clothes and shed some tears going through the tiny clothes my big girls wore.  I can't believe I get to have another tiny precious baby girl.  The reality of it really started to sink in!  I found all my swaddles, special blankets and a bin full of baby rattles and toys.  I slowly started organizing it all and made Chris a hefty to-do list for the week.  Putting up in the crib is on his list!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment