The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

USA vs Japan

Emma got tickets to the USA women's soccer game for her birthday! She has been counting down the days until the game.  She decided to wear full Rapinoe costume to the game.  Her soccer team and coach also got tickets and we met up for dinner before the game.  It was a night we will never forget.  Emma had a letter that she had written to Rapinoe and included a bunch of pictures. We had tried mailing it to her but it came back. Our plan was to try to get it to her at the game.  We got to dinner and Emma realized she forgot her letter at home.  She was devastated.  She started crying and begging me to drive back home and get it.  That would have been a 3 hour round trip and the game was kicking off in an hour.  I was so sad for her and I didn't want the night to be ruined so I called a friend and offered to pay her $50 to bring us the letter.  She did it!!!!!!  We got the letter dropped off at the stadium about 5 minutes after kick off. We enjoyed the game and Emma got A LOT of attention for her costume.  During warm up Rapinoe winked at her and made Emma's day.  USA won and Emma was on the jumbotron multiple times.  At the end of the game we waited down by where the players sit in hopes to get the letter to Megan.  Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus (which was just starting to shut things down) the players were not allowed to come close to the fans.  I was frantic, I didn't know what to do.  We HAD to get it to her.  Emma wanted to so badly, and I had spent $50.  All of a sudden, as Megan is walking off the field I see a little girl about 12 years old run onto the field after her and start talking to her.  I realized that the lady standing next to me had dropped her over the rail and onto the field. I suddenly knew what I had to do.  I told Emma, I am dropping you over so get ready. I threw her over and she ran up to Megan and handed her the letter.  Security pushed her away but she was able to hand the letter to her.  The best part was she walked off the field while opening the letter and looking through the pictures.  I couldn't believe we did it!!!! I got scolded by security when I pulled Emma back up, but it was totally worth it.  The best part was the lady who dropped her daughter over got Emma running on the field on camera!!!!! I will have that memory forever to watch over and over.  What a night!  Here are some pictures of the fun.  I didn't get pictures of her running out to Megan.  It happened so fast and I had to drop my phone to lift her up and over.


Emma with Coach Abdol




We had so much fun!!!

Manager, Coach and Star!





Warm up













Life of the party!








This was a few minutes before I dropped her over!

No comments:

Post a Comment