The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I am not cut out to be.....

a single mom.

It is hard!  And, I have lots of help. My parents save my life! They have kept the girls the past 2 days while I worked and Gran is keeping them Thursday when I work again. I just finished bedtime #4 by myself, in a row.  3 more to go.  Yes, I am counting down.  Yes, I am happy I am over half way.  Chris is in Colorado skiing with the Winter Burn Camp kids.  I am very proud that he always gets asked to go, and I love that he enjoys being with the kids.  I know they love him too.  But, tonight I am ready for him to come home!  I am tired.  Maybe it is because I have worked the past 2 days in a row.  Maybe it is because my Emma, who has NEVER slept in our bed and always sleeps so well, decided to creep into my bed at 1 a.m. the last two nights.  So weird, she is definitely aware that dads side of the bed is open, and apparently for the taking.... Maybe it is because I am almost 1/2 way through my marathon training and it is getting intense, woke up at 4:45 to run today and have a 13 mile run tomorrow morning. Maybe it is because Christmas is 2 weeks away and I am responsible for ALL of our Christmas shopping.  Maybe it is because this week, on top of surviving as a single parent and working we also have: Ryan's theater class (2x) Wed and Thurs, Ryan's basketball practice Thurs, R&E have school tomorrow and Friday (thank goodness!), Ryan has her Christmas Program Friday, my book club tomorrow, baking for the maids Xmas gift bags, wrapping gifts, mailing gifts, doing all of the laundry, cleaning before the maids come (I know sounds silly, but imperative at my house), packing for our 7 night cruise, addressing Xmas cards, going to post office, shopping for Ryan an outfit for her Christmas Program, buying booze and snacks for the cruise.....I am sure I have forgotten something.  I pick up Chris from the airport Friday afternoon, we have tickets to Frosty at 7pm Friday night, then we leave for cruise early Saturday morning, after my 5am run.   I will be very ready for an adult beverage and some sun!  I think I can, I think I can.....

My hats off to all of the single moms who can juggle all of this on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment