The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Colorado!

The girls and I got to fly to Colorado to visit the Woolen/Beckford clan. My Aunt Tris ("Aunt Trisa" as Emma calls her) and Uncle Merle were celebrating their 65th and 75th birthdays and 45 years of marriage.  My three cousins threw them a big party to celebrate.  My mom met us in Denver and somehow I survived the 2 hour flight alone with my girls.  Barely.  They were AWFUL! So much whining, fighting, kicking seats and threats (by me).  Somehow we arrived in one piece, with half my sanity.  While in Colorado we spent a night at a hotel which included swimming, went to the party, went on hikes, ate delicious foods, did lots of trampoline jumping and care playing, and laughing.  The girls had so much playing with my 3 cousins 9 kids.  Emma had a brief tummy bug, but besides that the trip was a lot of fun.  And, in case anyone is wondering, the flight home was a lot less painful.  Besides the first 10 minutes of hell.  Ryan completely freaked out when we walked on the plane and I announced that Emma got the window seat for the flight home, since Ryan got it on the way there.  Apparently, I should have announced this prior to boarding because Ryan flipped out and made a huge scene.  She is not a child that calms down easily and there is nothing worse than being stuck on a plane with your child throwing a fit and all eyes on you.  It was horrible.  I tried to remain calm and talk to her in a calm voice.  That got me nowhere (I really wanted to spank her but it was too awkward with everyone watching me).  Then, I smartened up and told her a threatening lie! I told her that if she didn't stop screaming, calm down, and get into her seat that the flight attendant would come get her and take her to the plane timeout in the back of the plane where she would have to stay for the entire flight. Worked like a charm!  The rest of the flight was uneventful, although I remained on egg shells the entire time (while doing a Minnie Mouse puzzle that was entirely too small for the tray table with Emma at least 50 times). My neck is still hurting.  Here are a few random pictures that I took with my phone.
This was the last happy moment for me on the flight to Colorado.

This is Ken raising his hand to ask me how much longer
 for the 5th time before we pushed away from the gate.
I was still smiling.
Reading a book by the hotel pool, trying to recover from the flight.


2nd cousins: Lily, Kyle, Emma and Ryan


Ryan, Kayla, Emma, Kyle and Carter



Mom after she put her coffee cup in the chocolate fountain!
Love her!


My cousins and I at the party.
At Aunt Tris' house


Ryan and Aunt Tris throwing rocks in the river.

Poor Emma, sick with a 12 hour tummy bug.

Add caption

Barf bowl
Aunt Tris has an awesome backyard!








We had beautiful weather and a great visit!
Can't wait to go back, with Chris!


No comments:

Post a Comment