The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

100 Day Burpee Challenge

100 days ago I started this challenge.  It seemed "easy" at first but got hard fast.  I also got stronger and stronger and I liked seeing my shoulders and back get stronger, push ups become faster and my form improving daily. I started this challenge less than 3 months after my shoulder surgery, so I was weak at the start, especially on my left side. So, long story short, I completed the entire 100 day challenge, which ended up totaling 5,050 burpees completed over the 100 days!  I am so glad I stuck with it and I am also so glad that I am done! The girls joined me for burpees throughout the 100 days (especially Emma), I had cheerleaders all along the way. My friend, Jen, who also did the challenge with me (we were the only 2 from the FB group who stuck with it) made us each shirts to wear to celebrate our accomplishment.  Love it!

As Emma says, "mom, muscles are pretty".  

No comments:

Post a Comment