The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, March 4, 2017

37

37 started off with a "splash".  My sweet Emma was so upset that I woke her up on my birthday because she had planned to wake me up with breakfast in bed.  Chris was at work and I had to get ready for work so that was not an option.  She sent me to my room and started banging around in the kitchen.  She came to my room and asked if I liked butter on my toast and ran back to the kitchen.. There was a lot of banging around and then a loud "oh no!" and a pitter patter down the hall.  Emma was mortified.  She had jumped out of bed and headed to the kitchen to "cook" for me and had forgotten to tinkle. While she was attempting to make my toast she accidentally tinkled all over the kitchen and then trailed it down the hallway to tell me.  Then to top it off, she ran back to grab the toast and slipped in her own pee.   By the time she made it back with the un-toasted toast with the giant slab of un-melted butter all I could do was laugh. I spent the next 15 minutes cleaning up pee, but I couldn't be mad.  My Emma loves me so much and tries so hard to be thoughtful.
She was proud of the "toasst".
I made myself eat one bite.
Mid week we decided to take the girls out of school early and spend the day in Fort Worth.  We went to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History and had a blast exploring as a family.  We basically had the place to ourselves.  The kids loved it!  Then, we ate dinner on the patio of Press Cafe.  It was wonderful.





Emma on a bed of nails!






Friday night we wrapped up my birthday week with a night out with friends.  We had a great time with these great friends!



Love this crew!



37 feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment