The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Special visit

I got a surprise from a patient that I had 6 years ago.  Anna was in a bad bus accident and had multiple orthopedic fractures that required multiple surgeries and a week spent at Parkland on the trauma unit. I was her PT and got to know her and her family well while I did her daily PT treatments. I had forgotten about her and had not heard from her since she left Parkland 6 years ago. I got a surprise e-mail from one of my old co-workers, Lori,  that Anna was a PT student doing a clinical rotation and she had asked about me.  She told Lori that I was the one who got her up to walk the first time and gave her hope.  At the time of her accident she was a freshman in college studying to be a vet, but after her accident and experience at Parkland she had decided to become a PT! I was thrilled to hear that she was doing so well and that she remembered me. I told Lori that is was absolutely okay to give her my e-mail and phone number. We ended up communicating and setting up a time to meet up! Her mom was coming to town for the anniversary of the accident and they wanted to come over and see me and meet the girls and Chris. It was so incredible! Her mom cried (and then so did I) and we looked through pictures and videos of her recovery. She is amazing! The girls and Chris enjoyed meeting her and her mother and we made plans for lunch later in the week. I am so glad we got to reconnect and I know she will be a fantastic PT.





Ryan was already gone to cheer.



No comments:

Post a Comment