The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Guatemala 2021

I was on the last Faith In Practice mission before Covid shut everything down and I got the honor of being on the first trip back to the country! It was different than my previous 4 trips, but amazing to be back.  The country was so happy to have us and I felt so lucky to be able to go back after everything that happened the past year.  I also got to go to a board members home to help him after he suffered a stroke and I also got to work with a young CP patient at his daycare.  Here are some of the pictures from my FIFTH trip to this amazing country to serve these beautiful people.  One thing I did not get to do because of Covid is spend any time with the babies.  Hopefully next trip I can.

Reunited with Erin!

The Obras

PPE this year.  SO HOT!

TRIAGE DAY




The board members home.




The daycare.









Pre-op


Straight leg!





Fuego!

Early morning workouts with Kim


Dr. Woolf's pants fell down in the OR!


Poolside margaritas by the pool while it rains.


Covid test 

Not fun.











A stop by Yvonne's




















 

No comments:

Post a Comment