The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Twelve Weeks

We survived last week!!!! I didn't think it was going to be possible last Tuesday night. Wednesday was a rough day for me, but I did show up at work, and I did stay the whole day. Don't be too proud of me- my Mom brought Ryan up to have lunch with me :) It was much needed! I had the water works under control by lunch, but I did learn a valuable lesson. I will NEVER ask a new mom returning to work if she misses her child. At least not on day one! I tried to stay as busy as possible to dodge that question from many unknowingly cruel people. Besides a few break downs, I was very glad to see my co-workers and get back into patient care. It did feel good to use that part of my brain again. Everyone was so sweet to me, and every other mother could relate to my heartache. AND believe it or not, Ryan didn't forget who I was! She was all smiles when I got home- cooing to me about her day!


Along with me returning to work Chris had his first full day as Mr. Mom. He did a wonderful job (as expected) and enjoyed his time with her. It is crunch time for Chris- he takes his test this Friday. He has been trying to study while she naps, and dropping her off at my parents to squeeze in time at the library. He will be happy when the test is over and he can totally focus on Ryan.


I wasn't the best at getting pictures this past week but Chris got a few good shots of Ry with our NEW camera!! My parents gave us a generous wedding gift that we put towards a new camera. We are really excited about it and plan to learn how to use it as soon as we get a second of free time! These pictures are just Chris "messing around" with it. He just happened to get some good expressions of our girl.




























No comments:

Post a Comment