The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

Another first of holidays with Ryan has come and gone. Mothers Day! And this year I am a Mom (still hard to believe sometimes!) Although Chris had to work (bad part of a fireman's schedule), I got to spend the whole day with Ryan and a lot of time with my Mom and Dad. It turned out to be a fun day! My Mom came over first thing in the morning and brought me a precious collage of pictures of me and Munch. She also brought Shipley's donuts for the three of us. Then while Ry took a nap I got a good run in on the treadmill (I might have burned off half the donuts!). We went to our 7th, and next to last, swim lesson and Grandpa and Mamaw came to watch and cheer on Ry. She loved the audience and really put on a show! We also got to go to the hospital to visit our good friends Chance and Kristi who welcomed their new baby girl, and Ryan's newest friend, Ashlyn. We didn't get to meet her yet because she is in the NICU but we are going to try to later this week. Finally, we finished the day off with dinner with my parents. It was a low key, but fun day. The only thing that would have made it better was if Chris had been with us. Next year!

Me and my girl on our holiday-

There is nothing better than being her mom!

She wouldn't do it for the camera (of course) but Ryan

gave Mom and I kisses for the first time today.

It was pretty special.






Ry with her Grandma

Stetson giving Ryan some love before I put her to bed



WARNING!

Poop pictures below

You were warned
Scroll below at your own risk




In the middle of Ryan's playtime in her bath it got awful quiet. I was sitting on the bathroom floor reading a book trying to give her some time to play. When I noticed a lull in the splashing I peeked over the edge of the tub and this is what I saw!!! YUCK! She had pooped and was playing with it. I panicked (and grabbed the camera that I happend to have with me just in case she did anything "cute") and called my mom to ask what the heck to do.


She just looked up and smiled. I know this is gross but it is also hilarious and I am sure every kid does it. After I got her out of the tub, bleached everything and then bathed her again, I finally laughed about it. I was torn about whether or not I should post these pictures.....I know it is gross!! (And since this is ultimately for Ryan) I am sorry Ry that I posted this- I just had to. It is a memory that I will not forget. You are so stinking cute, even with poo in your hands. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment