The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Grumpy and the Pumpkins

We decided to go to a Pumpkin Patch on Saturday to pick out our pumpkin and take some pictures of Munch. The weather was great and Mamaw met us for the "fun". The outing didn't go quite like I had envisioned it. First of all, the pumpkin patch was out of pumpkins!!! So, we didn't waste our time getting out of the car, we just left Ryan in her car seat to head to the next place. The only problem was that Ryan got a glimpse of her Mamaw and didn't understand why we were keeping her from her. She didn't realize that Mamaw was following us in her car to the next location. She was MAD! I had no idea that this was the beginning of the melt down. It was all we could do to get her to not throw a fit! When we got to the second place I thought for sure Ryan would calm down and love all the pumpkins (especially after she got to hug her Mamaw). There was a haystack maze with pumpkins for kids to walk through. I just knew Ry would love it, especially since she could walk through on her own. Boy was I wrong! When I took her into it she threw herself down on the ground and had a tantrum. She had no interest in looking at the pumpkins or giving me a smile for the camera. It was a giant waste of time and by the time we were done I didn't even want to buy a pumpkin. Looking at the pictures now makes me laugh. Kids definitely have their own agenda. There are a few decent photos at the beginning- but my favorites are actually the grumpy ones! :)













My favorite of the day- I did not think this was funny at the time!


Defeated- the look on my face says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment