The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013

Devastating Day(s)

I will never forget Thursday, July 17 2013. I started hemorrhaging at work.  I began to what I thought was  miscarry our third child at work and I barely made it home.  It was a gruesome chain of events that I will never forget, but that I won't go into details about on here.  Chris and the girls had to witness the horror along with me at home.  I made it through the night (somehow) losing tremendous amounts of blood. Chris took me to the doctor the next morning where I had to suffer through an ultrasound (not the experience I had been looking forward to for 4 weeks) and then I began to hemmorrhage more during my exam with Dr. Rosenbaum.  I was taken immediately to the OR for surgery to stop my bleeding and to remove our tiny angel who had already gone to be with Jesus.  Thankfully, I did not have to have a hysterectomy and they finally got my bleeding under control by the evening of Thursday,July 18 (another day I will never forget).  I got to go home and see my sweet girls and begin my recovery, both physically and emotionally.  I am writing this one week after my nightmare started and I am slowly regaining my strength and my smile.  I have been shown tremendous love and support by my friends and family.  This experience has been painful and sodevastating and I am ready to move away from it.  I thank God for my girls, and am not sure I could make it through something like this without them.
This sweet girl was so worried about me and did her best to make me smile.
Emma would pat me and say "mommy cry", and then she gave me a make
over with her Elmo makeup kit.  

My kids were my best medicine.

I got beautiful flowers and food delivered by some of our best friends.
During my darkest moments I felt surrounded by love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment