The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

Blue day

Wow!  What a battle I had on my hands this morning!  Pre-K requires more work, as expected, and apparently may give me more morning battles (and reasons to drink before noon).  Ryan was supposed to wear blue to school today and bring a blue item for show and tell.  She was not excited at all.  Although she has many dresses with blue in them that she loves to wear, she did not want to wear any of them on blue day.  Go figure. And even though she loves her princess figurine from London who wears a blue dress, she did not want to take her to school.  Sigh.  After a knock down drag out we made it to school, with Ryan in a blue dress and the princess in her back pack.  I looked like I had been in a boxing ring all morning, and I felt like it too.  I was very ready to leave her at school.  She was mad at me the whole walk in.  We rounded the corner to her classroom and suddenly she smiled and got excited  I told her goodbye at the doorway and started to leave.  Then, I remembered I better tell her teachers where her show and tell item was, in case Ryan didn't.  I turned around to see Ryan holding up the corners of her dress in a curtsy like way and saying to her teachers "I have a beautiful blue dress on today and I brought a beautiful princess in a blue dress for show and tell." Are you kidding me?????

No comments:

Post a Comment