The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2013

"GREAT" Aunt and Uncle

Ryan and Emma are blessed to have a VERY involved Great Aunt and Uncle.  The title "Great" is fitting!  The girls call them Aunt Rocks and Unc Unc.  They make such an effort to be a part of their lives.  I never had a close relationship with any of my great aunts and uncles, I don't think people normally do. The effort they make to be in my kids lives is pretty cool. Ryan and Emma get to have dates with them all the time.  Ryan recently went to the Texas State Fair with Aunt Rocks and Unc Unc (second year in a row) and Emma got to go on a date to the Aquarium.  They have hit the zoo together and had many play dates at the park and baked many cookies! So special. Aunt Rocks also makes all of their birthday cakes. I am very grateful to have them in my life and even more grateful that Ryan and Emma do.  Family is everything, and a close extended family is pretty priceless. The memories that they are making together will be remembered forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment