The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2014

"bumpy old troll"

Emma is really giving us a run for our money at bedtime lately.  She used to be so easy!!!!!!!  Lately, she comes out of her room, asking for hugs, snacks, to tinkle, water, for "sunshine" and tickle (me singing you are my sunshine while tickling whichever body part she instructs me to), to ask to sleep in my bed, for fear of the "bumpy old troll" (grumpy, old troll).... and many more random things.  We have had to start locking her in, threatening spankings and other miserable things at bedtime. We are trying to remain strong and consistent.  It is tough with Emma, she is so darn cute that we both are soft with her.  Plus, I love that she wants me to sing "sunshine" to her, that has been the song that I sang to her since day 1 in the NICU.  I can never say no to that request, and this chick can read my weakness like a book.  But, we need our adult time and she needs a good bedtime, so we will continue to attempt to get her back on track.  Thankfully, she sleeps like a rock once she is out.  I know it could be worse. And, I also know that one day I will wish she wanted me at bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment