The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pollyanna with 23 days to grow....

Pollyanna Jane got another scan this week and she looked great. She scored her 8/8 in the first 3 minutes, then we got to have some fun with the 3D/4D function.  She kept her hands up by her face a lot of the time but we got a few good glimpses of her precious features. She apparently did a full flip and is now positioned still in head down but with feet on the opposite side.  I am pretty sure she did this big flip Saturday night.  It was intense and even Emma saw the huge movement! I also woke up in the middle of the night Saturday freezing and shivering. It lasted about 30 minutes and Chris was at work so I just buried down in the covers until it stopped.  I freaked myself out because the last time I had the chills like that was when I got that horrible infection after having Emma and ended up in the ER and then the hospital for 2 weeks.  I didn't feel like I had a fever this time, I was just very, very cold.  I also got alarmed because I couldn't get Polly to move at all.  I started freaking myself out imagining that the huge flip/movement she had done before I went to bed was her in distress.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep well the rest of the night after I got warm again.  I got up at 6 am and ate a bite and drank some water and finally she moved.  I was so relieved! I let the doctor know about all of this at my appointment and she seemed slightly concerned about the chills but thought it could have been a surge of hormones.  Since Polly looked and sounded good she was not too concerned.  She just asked that I call her if it happens again and to make sure that I take my temperature. Hoping that was a one time occurrence! At my appointment this week I also signed consents for my tubal ligation.  This aroused more emotions than I anticipated! I love being pregnant.  Imagining this experience being over in 23 days and NEVER having it again makes me emotional!  Dr. J said she will ask me again before the C-section and then one more time after she gets Polly out.. I can only imagine how hard it will be for me not to change my mind after seeing this beautiful girl in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment