The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Summer sleepover at Mamaw and Pa's

I got this text from mom telling me what all the girls did at their sleepover:

"At our overnight, the girls made paper puppets and stages, then performed for us. Ryan made an angel by drawing it, cutting it out and putting it on popsicle sticks (after consuming said product). Emma did a character from Strawberry Shortcake by coloring it in the coloring book and cutting it out, with help, and glued onto Popsicle sticks. She then cut out trees from construction paper and glued them to her backdrop. The play was flawless. 

We all swam until after dark with the lights on in the pool. We were a turtle family most of the time, mermaids at other times. Grandpa was brother, Bobby. Emma was Pepper and Cuppie. Ryan's names elude me now, but they were rich with sophistication. I was the mother or the baby sister. 

We read lots of books until my voice gave out, then Emma turned on a red night light by your high school graduation picture, positioned her body to fall asleep staring into your eyes and sobbed. Finally, we turned off that light and she snuggled me and fell asleep. 

We had a great time. "

Love that my kids are making these priceless memories with the people who mean the most to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment