The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

VD2018

Valentine's CG workout
My team "The Black Hearts" won!

Emma made this for Owen.

Emma got a Val-o-gram from Owen.
Ryan got a special Valentine from Gunnar (4th year in a row).

Chris made the girls hilarious home made Valentine's cards.
He also gave Emma a "chocolate Owen"!
The funny part of this Valentines Day was Chris and I got a call from the Hill nurse around mid morning  telling us that Emma was not feeling well.  She never goes to the nurse, so even though she had no fever and had not thrown up, Ms. Nelson wanted to let us know in case we wanted to come get her. I asked to talk to Emma and she sounded okay but said she wanted to come home. I reminded her that she would miss her Valentine's party (Emma never likes to miss a party) and she still insisted on coming home. So, Chris went to pick her up. He and I had plans to have lunch together so we decided to play it by ear and see how she was feeling. Chris called me at noon and said Emma was acting totally normal and he regretted picking her up from school.  We decided to have lunch and let her tag along. When they picked me up from work I told Emma I was glad she was feeling better and that she really should be at school.  She seemed pleased to be spending the day with us......then I mentioned how unfortunate it was that she wouldn't be at school when they passed out the Val-o-grams.  I had been told by Owen's mom that he had ordered one for Emma.  Her mouth dropped open and she said "take me back to school!".  She was obviously fine and the nurse had said she was welcome back at school since she did not have a fever or puke, so we ate a quick lunch and took her little butt back to school! She missed a couple hours of school, but made it back in time for the party and the delivery of the special Val-o-gram. Stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment