The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

No More Paci's for PJ!

As we approach Polly's 1/2 point between 3 and 4 I finally decided it was time to say goodbye to the pacifier for good.  I have been talking about it for awhile.  Ryan gave hers up at 3 and Emma lost hers around 2.5, so Polly definitely has had hers the longest.  She goes to school without it and naps without it at school without a problem, it is just at home that we have been weak.  I am not going to lie, I love the pacifier too.  It is such a comfort for her and that in turn helps me. But, I also know that she is ready to give it up, she just needs our help!  So, one random morning while the big girls were at school I talked to Polly about cutting up her paci's so she could be a big girl. To my surprise (and Chris') she wanted to cut them.  So, I cut the first one and she cried a little and then suddenly she decided she wanted to cut them all, and she wanted to do it herself!  Chris was in disbelief that this was happening, I was a little too. But we did it!  We cur all of them except one of the rubber infant pacifiers that she likes to hold at bedtime.  We let her keep that for two nights, but she started sucking on it, so we cut it too. She is officially paci free 100% now and doing great.  We had 2 rough nights and then she forgot about it.  Every now and then she will ask for a paci but then she laughs!
When I cut the first one, her favorite!
She kind of freaked, and so did Chris.
He said "why did you do her favorite one?"

"I can do it!"



First nap with just one paci to "hold"

Love seeing that smile without a paci in the way!

Big girl cutting the very last paci!

No comments:

Post a Comment