The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Tough Mudder Disaster!

A group of CG friends decided to sign up for the Tough Mudder.  I had a blast doing this race last year and I thought it would be fun to do it again.  Unfortunately it was a rainy week and started raining on the morning of.  We made it out to Midlothian and it was a muddy disaster.  SO much muddier than the year before.  People were slipping and falling just walking up to the registration. Our shoes were covered in mud and it was like walking on slippery ice.  It was also freezing.  It took us over an hour to get started and then 30 min just to make it to the first obstacle.  I saw so many people fall and get hurt that I decided it wasn't worth it and I actually left the race!  I have never in my life started a race that I did not finish, until this one. The good part of it was I made it to Emma's cheering debut and the whole race ended up being cancelled soon after I left due to injuries.  I got out of there in the nick of time, my other friends were stuck out there for hours trying to get their free t-shirt and a shuttle back to the car. FOr once I went with my gut and it was definitely the right choice!
Dom and I were so excited for the race!

My CG friends at the start.

TM Quitter!
I made sure to get my t-shirt and free beer though!

Made it in time to see this cutie pie cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment