The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Guatemala 2020

I got to go on my fourth medical mission trip to Guatemala.  It was a wonderful experience again.  I got to work primarily with the ortho trauma team and spent a day making and fitting wheelchairs. I loved it! This was the first year that Suz wasn't with me.  She came down with the flu right before we left.  I missed her a lot.
Our team.

My early morning workout partner, Deborah Woolf

On our way to the hospital.

Las Obras

Patients waiting on triage day.
TRIAGE DAY


I worked with this patient the previous year.

This one, too!





VISITING THE KIDS!











MY FREE DAY

VISITING THE ORGANIC FARM





THE MARKET






HIKE TO THE CROSS





TREATING PATIENTS







WHEELCHAIR CLINIC







MORE BABY VISITS

Darvin!








Dr. Jack Dawson
Ortho Trauma

Dr. Beaver rounding













PT student who worked with me all week.





Erin and I at the team dinner.

Meeka was my room mate.

Augustin




Relaxing on the last afternoon!


Last dinner at Angie Angies, my favorite!

At the airport, taking the red eye home.


No comments:

Post a Comment