The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

3 weeks old






















































She is already three weeks old!!! I cannot believe it, and I am apparently having trouble accepting it. It may be from lack of sleep or the fact that the days and nights have kind of run together, but I have caught myself telling people that Ryan is only 9 or 10 days when in she is 21 days old today. I think part of me doesn't want to accept that she will soon be a month old, no longer a newborn. I actually corrected Chris when he answered a stranger that Ryan was two and a half weeks old- I turned and said "no, she is 9 days". I didn't even realize until we were home later and Chris brought it to my attention that I had said that! He was nice enough to not embarrass me in front of the stranger!










A lot has happened in the past 9 days since she was born- just kidding - 3 weeks! Ahhhhhh! I have started pumping and Ryan has been taking one bottle a day from her Dad. We were nervous that she wouldn't take it or wouldn't want to breastfeed after she had a bottle. We were wrong! She chugged down the first bottle that I made her which was 2 oz and then nursed because she was still hungry. So, now I have been making her bottles 4 oz and she finishes those! Pumping is kind of a pain because of all the setup and clean up, but it will be what I have to do if I continue to solely breastfeed her when I return to work. I get to stay home until Oct. 14! Yippee! Unfortunately Chris returns to work Friday. I will have my first 24 hours alone with Ryan. I am a little nervous. Thank goodness my Mom and Dad are close by!










Ryan has had some out of town visitors from Austin this past weekend. Two of my best friends from Austin came to visit- Olivia and Cindy. We had a good time. Ryan went to her first party- her Grandma's 50th b-day party! She was a good sport and got passed around to a lot of people without any fussing.This week Ryan has proved that she can make it 5 hours during the night without waking up to eat. Although she has only done this twice- I see this as a sign that I may get to sleep more than 2 hours consecutively someday! We are enjoying daily walks and Chris and I have gotten to go to the gym together in the evenings while my parents watch Ryan. I have posted some pictures of this past week. I haven't figured out the best way to put pictures on here with captions. Anyhow- the pictures from top to bottom and right to left are: Ryan with her Aunt Bethany, Ryan with her grandparents, Cindy holding Ryan, Olivia with Ryan, Olivia, Cindy and me, the next one one is Ryan in her favorite spot- her Dads lap. That is where she wants to be from 9-11 every night. The next is picture is a grin! I know that grins this early are caused by gas- but they are still adorable! The last picture is Ryan laying on her quilt that her Mamaw made for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment