The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ryan is here!!!!!

We are by no means bloggers, and I am sort of stealing this idea from my sister, but this is the best way to share pictures and videos of our sweet baby girl! I am going to try my best to update this at least once a week! Ryan Layne Ivie was born by C-section Tuesday, July 28, 2009 after a long 12 hours of labor on Monday. She weighed 7 lbs 4.8 oz and was 20.25 inches long! She scored a 9/9 on the Apgar and arrived wide-eyed and alert after delivery. She had a full head of dark hair and big blue eyes. She instantly stole our hearts. We have been home since Thursday July 30 and a lot has happend since she arrived! She has had many visitors and has been showered with lots of love and gifts. She has been to the pediatrician, been to Mamaw and Grandpa's house, had breakfast with us at La Madeline, had her first bath, been on her first walk, met her 2 dogs and 2 cats, and had us smiling the whole time! We are in awe of her and can't get enough. She is crazy about her Dad and I love watching the two of them together. We have been taking tons of pictures and videos- not wanting go miss a second of her life! It is hard to believe that she is already 5 days old! I am also recovering well. It felt good to go on a walk last night but it also showed me I need to take it slow. I had a breeze of a pregnancy so this is no big deal- and totally worth it! I can't believe that she is finally here and that she is so perfect! We are so lucky!

2 comments:

  1. Ryan,
    You are so precious. I love watching the videos that mommy and daddy have posted(they are so crazy about you). Do you have them trained yet? Well, I think you're doing a great job and you just have to be patient with them (they've never done this before).
    I love you, tell mommy and daddy that I send them my love too.
    bye for now. XOXOXOXO
    Grandma (Peggy)

    ReplyDelete