The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Daddys Girl

Ryan has an "old man" butt- so says her Dad!
They both love their naps together!

Hangin' with Dad at work.


Dropping baby girl off at mt parents before we went out with friends (for a whole 4 hours!)



Ivie family




I realized that last week I posted a lot of pictures of me with Ryan and not any of Chris- so this week I made sure to take lots of pictures of Chris with her for the blog. It wasn't hard to do since in his arms is her favorite place to be!


Well, another week has flown by! My maternity leave is halfway over already. Hard to believe. Tomorrow is a dreaded day for us- 6 week visit to pediatrician for shots. I am not looking forward to it, but am so glad that Chris is off and can go with us! He is a lot better at handling these situations. I am not tough- I am having trouble making Ryan do 10 minutes of tummy time everyday because she starts crying 2 minutes in. Lately her Mamaw has been doing it with her (my Dad usually has to leave the room- guess I get that from him!) That being said - watching her get shots is gonna be awful! I am anxious to see how much she has grown. She can no longer fit into newborn clothes anymore. She is too long. I am betting that she weighs 10 pounds too! I think she may be going through a growth spurt the past two days because she has been wanting to eat every 2 to 2.5 hours. She WAS making some good progress towards sleeping through the night. She had been making it almost 5 hours until the past two nights. I must have been looking too well rested. I hope to get back on track tonight (fingers crossed).


We got to have a couple nights out this past weekend which was very fun. We missed Ryan, but knew she was in good hands with my parents. It felt good to get dressed up and go out with friends. I had to get an adapter so that I could use my electric breast pump in the car! That was a first- but was a necessity for me to be away from her for more than 4 hours. This past week Ryan and I also got to go up to the fire station and visit Chris at work. She got some good time with her Dad and I got to eat ribs with all of the guys. We both enjoyed it! Ryan's Gran came over today and we went to lunch and to Target do I could get some groceries. It was nice having her with me in the store- I wasn't quite sure how to get the carseat in the shopping cart. Now I will be confident next time I have to go to the store alone. I am slowly getting more brave!



In this video Chris is giving Ryan a pumped breastmilk bottle right before we go to bed. She doesn't really wake up for this feeding and makes the sweetest sounds when she eats. We both love it! You may need to turn up the volume to really hear it.



No comments:

Post a Comment