The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Few Things I Love About Ryan

Ryan,


You make us SO happy. I could make a never ending list of all the things you do to make me smile. I wanted to list a few of my favorite things you do that make my day.





1. How you wake up in the morning (or a lot of the time we wake you at 8:30) with a big smile


2. How although you are able to- you still want us to hold your bottle for you


3. The way you snuggle your bunny and drape it across your eyes when you sleep


4. Your love of music and how you dance to it


5. How you bounce up an down on command when I say "jumpy jumpy"


6. The way you adore all of your pets and tolerate all of the licking from the dogs


7. How when I say "no" you stop what you are doing and smile and wave at me, and then do whatever it was again :)


8. Your love for books and how we sometimes read the same book 10+ times


9. Your giggling when you rough house with your daddy


10. How you throw yourself on our bed and roll around delirious when you are sleepy


11. The way you turn off your dads PlayStation (now that is teamwork!)


12. The way you love to look at pictures and point out the people you love


13. The happiness/youthfulness you bring out of my parents


14. The strong bond that you have intensified between your dad and I


15. The way you like to brush your teeth


16. How when I am lucky you will lean in to give me a kiss


17. How you say "pat pat kit cat" when petting/pulling on Molly the cat


18. How you enjoy watching Barney and Wonder Pets


19. Your hair- I love it!


20. The way you closely watch and interact with other kids


21. Watching you learn


22. Your FOUR teeth!!


23. How you try to distract me when you are doing something that is bad (so sneaky!)


24. Your determination (referring to #23)


25. How you love to eat ice and drink iced tea with your grandpa


26. The way you enjoy your "appetizers": cheerios before breakfast & goldfish before dinner


27. How you put your whole face into your bathwater and take a big gulp!


28. How when you are crying or upset you stop if we take you outside


29. Your growl, and how you love to do it


30. Your ability to put yourself to sleep (this should be #1 on the list!)


31. How even when you are sick you are still happy


32. Your love of the water: baths, swimming, boating


33. How happy you are to see me when I come home


34. Your tan lines


35. How you like to hang out in your wagon while your dad mows or works outside


36. Your love for your pacifier and the comfort it gives you


37. The way you look first thing in the morning in your pj's with your bed head


38. How you want anything I have: keys, remote, food


39. Your dimple when you smile and the way your eyes light up


40. Your appetite! You are the best eater!


41. The way you give hi-fives on command


42. Your elbow dimples


43. Being able to look back and see you in the car because you are sitting forward


44. The fact that you are in the top percentiles for height and weight


45. The way you love to practice walking holding onto our hands


46. Your nicknames: Munch, Fluff, Rhino, Ry, Lloyd


47. Watching you and your dad do anything together


48. Your beautiful long eyelashes (that you did not get from me!)


49. Knowing what a good big sister and leader you will be


50. YOU!!!! I love you!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment