The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Few Ways That Ryan Makes Me Smile

Ryan is a chatter box. Non stop talking. I have NEVER heard a kid her age talk so much or so well. She speaks in sentences and has been for months. She can tell you exactly what she wants and does not want. Her vocabulary is incredible and sometimes we can't even figure out where she has learned certain words. Our little parrot. Because she is so verbal there is a long list of things that she says that cracks us up. I feel like there is no way that I will ever forget any of them, but I still want to document them here, so Ryan and Emma can read about it later. A few on this list may not be as funny to someone who has not seen/heard it in person, but if you haven't then you are missing out. This kid is hilarious!

Here are a few things that come out of her mouth. I could list hundreds.

1. "Too inifinity and beyond!" - She loves Toy Story.

2. Me: "Ryan, who is the boss?" Ryan: "Mommy is the boss. Daddy is the boss. Ryan is not the boss." - Now, if only she really knew what that meant, or lived by it!

3. Anytime we drive past a school bus she yells out "Hi kids!"

4. Listening to her sing the words to The Black Eyed Peas song "Just Can't Get Enough" while simultaneously doing her one armed dance. I have GOT to get a video!

5. "Hold you"- this will NEVER get old.

6. "Go see"- she says whenever she hears a siren. She loves firetrucks. Go figure.

7. "Bunny, go for a ride." -Bunny goes on many adventures and this is usually what Ryan says as she pushes, pulls, throws and runs over him.

8. Ryan had a spot on her face (either bug bite or baby pimple). If you pointed to her face and said "Ry, what is that?" She would respond "A pimple. I sorry." She says the "I sorry" real slow like we say to her when she gets hurt.

9. "Hello. Hey babe."- Holding her pretend phone to her ear, or a spoon!

10. "Hi Donald Duck. Hi Mickey Mouse. Hi Minnie. Hi Goofy........" She will go through every single character with the same happy voice.

11' "Watcha Mickey!"- her favorite show

12. The way she memorizes books. Usually after only reading a book once. I usually let her check out 6-8 books at a time and after reading them only once she will ask for each book by its title the next night. Amazing. I won't even remember the titles!

13. "Nappy" - how Ryan asks for a rest.

14. "Ohhhhh Kaaaaay"- she says it like Eeyore

15. "Emma cry."- she says this and starts crying if Emma is upset. So sweet.

16. "I know baby!"- when she is upset. Totally imitating what we say to her.

17. "Okie dokie artichoke"- a line from the movie The Letter Factory

18. "I don't know!"- the way she says this is one of the cutest things I have ever heard.

19. "Scary, happy, sad, goofy, mad."- commands she makes as we make the face of the emotion.

20. "Mommy make it better?" - when she has an ouchy that needs a kiss. I hope I can always make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment