The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wish me luck!

Chris invited me to join him on a backpacking/camping trip this year! Since I am finally NOT pregnant or nursing I get to go! Whoo hoo! - I think. I have been excited for this trip but now that it is tomorrow I am a little bit nervous. We will be driving to Arkansas and hiking a total of 27 miles. I am not an elite athlete, but I thought 27 miles in 2.5 days sounded pretty easy. That was until I put on my pack. Wow! After a couple laps around our house I was ready for a break. Chris has done this trail before and he is the expert. I hope that I can hang with him and that this trip is enjoyable. I am a little worried that I am not cut out for this type of "camping". It will be a new experience and Chris and I will get to spend a lot of quality time together. The Murph is also coming along. (I may end up strapping my pack on him, or strapping myself!) It is supposed to be in the 30s at night and 60s during the day. I really have no idea what I am getting into. I trust Chris though, and I know I am in good hands. Our girls will also be in good hands. Mamaw, Gran, Uncle and Aunt Mis are all pitching in to take care of them. We are such lucky parents to have such great help. How many couples with two babies get to do as many fun things as we have been able to? Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, multiple weekend trips to Austin and now a 3 day camping trip! I am so thankful that we get to do these things together, and that we don't have to worry about the girls. They will be having as much fun as us (possibly a lot more than me this time) :-) Just kidding. I may get hooked!



I had no idea that I would need a headlamp and hiking poles.

Chris shopped for me and got me decked out!

I may not know what I am doing, but at least I can look like I do.

Holy cow !

30 pounds on your back is no joke!

I got no pictures of Chris because he doesn't look like a goober like I do.

I promise to get lots of pictures of him in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment