The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Rock and Roll Half Marathon 2012

I did it! After a LOT of training, and a LONG week of moving, I achieved my goal. I ran the Rock and Roll Half Marathon! AND, I am still alive to write about it! :-)
I had only run 10 miles the Sunday before, so I was not sure that I could do the 13.1, but I did! I finished strong and a little faster than I expected. I actually did it in 2:00:39! I was very proud of myself (and glad it was over). Thirteen months ago I was so sick and extremely deconditioned after my hospitalization that I could barely walk around the block with the girls. That seems like forever ago and I am so thankful for my current health and abilities.
I did this run for my girls and they were there to cheer me on with Chris and Mamaw.
Tae and I were up early to head to Dallas for the race.
Chris and Emma at mile 10.5- I was so happy to see them!
Munch and bunny at mile 8!
Here I come around the corner, ready to be done!
ACCOMPLISHMENT!
Thanks to Chris and my girls for letting me take the time to train properly!
I am hoping that Mamaw will do one with me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment