The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

VEGAS!

Good times! I got to run away to Las Vegas for a quick weekend with some great friends. Thank you Chris and grandparents for watching my girls! Chris had promised me this trip after Ryan was born, but then along came Emma, so I cashed it in this weekend. It isn't often that all of my closest friends get to go on vacation together. The older we get, more kids and responsibilities we have, the harder it is. Well 5 of the 7 invited showed up and 4 (really more like 3.5) survived the whole weekend. Poor Roxie came down with the stomach bug on the first day and it caught up to Cindy 2 hours before we flew home. Roxie spent the weekend at her brothers house in Vegas, luckily when it caught up to Cindy 48 hours later we were at the airport headed home. So, Cindy didn't miss a thing (except feeling miserable in the airport and having to make the decision to get on the flight while sick!). Besides the sickness that ruined Roxie's weekend, it was a fun trip with lots of laughs and memories. I am so thankful that I have such great friends in my life, especially the ones that I don't get to see often. There is no telling when the next trip will be. It may be another 10 years before we get to do another getaway, but no matter how many years go by some things will never change. These friendships.
I didn't bring a camera, so all I have is IPhone pics.
The one and only picture I have of Roxie. This was our first meal when we all arrived,
about seven hours before the fun ended for poor Rox.
The pools were open and the weather was BEAUTIFUL! We had a great time!
We had dinner Sunday night at Olives at Bellagio.
We got to sit outside and watch the fountains.
"The most beautiful discovery that true friends can make is that they can grow
separately without growing apart."
Friends for life. Love these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment