The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Middle of the night yoga!

Ryan has decided that she really likes to do yoga.  We have a short routine of yoga poses (some real, some made up) that we do together when she asks for it.  We sometimes do our little routine over and over again.  She has it memorized and makes sure I don't skip a pose!  Last week (on a C shift) she woke me up at 4 a.m. and asked to do our yoga routine.  She asked me in  a sweet tone of voice and it must have been at the perfect time in one of my sleep cycles, because I slid out of bed and we began our vinyasa!  Thankfully, that next morning I did not have to run or work so we both slept in.  And, thankfully also, most of the time we practice our yoga in the daylight! 
Here are a few of her poses in our sequence:

downward dog with a kick

downward dog with arm up

"feet together"

stretch your legs out

table

point your toes

touch your toes
This girl is VERY flexible and takes a lot of pride in her yoga. I am so happy that she seems to like to do the things I do.  I can't wait until she can go to class with me!

Namaste, Ry Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment