The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mom's HALF MARATHON!

She did it!  Mom ran her first half marathon!  And, she did it 3 weeks ahead of her training schedule.  She had planned to run a half marathon the second weekend in October but discovered that race was hilly so she decided to do a flatter race in Lubbock.  My cousin Tiffany flew in from Colorado to run with Mom.  Aunt Krishia and I were the cheerleaders.  Mom did AWESOME and I was so glad I got to be there.  Many thanks to my sweet Dad for taking care of the girls so I could go to Lubbock.
Race morning

Tiff eating breakfast before the race

SO proud of my Mom!

Mom and Aunt Krishia

Ready to run!

At the starting line.

Panhandle Half Marathon course went by the Windmill Museum

Mom at Mile 6

Tiff at Mile 9

Mom at Mile 9

She looked so strong, and was smiling!

Mom at the finish!!!!!!
What an accomplishment!

To top it off- she WON her age group!

No comments:

Post a Comment