The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve

Chris had to work on Christmas Eve again this year (thank you, leap year).  The girls and I had a great Christmas Eve doing all of our traditions, but missing him.  I especially missed him during the overnight.  It stormed and the thunder and lightening terrified Ryan and she couldn't sleep without me.  She was convinced that Santa was making all of the loud noise.  I could totally see how that could be scary as a three year old! It made it very tricky for me to be able to get "stuff" ready for Christmas day.  Needless to say, I did not sleep much.  I was so worried that I would fall asleep and not get my duties done that I basically woke up every 30 minutes.  It took me three attempts (because Ryan would wake up scared and call for me) to complete my responsibilities and I just decided to put a pot of coffee on and stay up at 5:00 a.m.!
Here are a few pictures from Christmas Eve.
Candlelight Service at Fielder Church
I screwed up and thought it started at 4:30 and it started at 4:00.
It ended up working out perfectly because we made it just in time for
the kid part and the candle part.  The girls did great!
Ice cream at Grandpa's after church.


Sprinkling reindeer food in the yard.





Getting Santa's snack ready.
Ryan picked out one of her cookies she made with Aunt Rocks for Santa.

Me, having a glass before putting girls to bed.
I had high hopes of enjoying a second glass while I did set up.
This did not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment