The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, December 31, 2012

Balance

That is my word for 2013.  That will be my driving force, my goal.  If I had to think of a word to describe 2012 it would be grateful.  Grateful for my health, which I did not have for most of 2011. Grateful for my family: husband, kids, parents, in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins.....who all continue to support me and my path. Grateful for my friendships, so many that have lasted so long and a few new ones that I hope will as well.  Grateful for my body that has proven to be strong and resilient.  Grateful for my strengthened faith and my pursuit to continue strengthening it. Grateful for my profession and the many lives I get to help, which in turn blesses my life. Grateful for this new sense of balance that I am feeling.  And, that is why I have chosen to camp on this word for 2013.  Somewhere along the way in 2012 I finally began to feel "balanced" overall.  My time with my girls, with my husband, my friends, my work, my workouts it all feels well balanced. It is a wonderful feeling for someone who hasn't mastered this skill yet (on the yoga mat or in life). I finally am beginning to feel like I am doing well in all the areas that matter to me.  I have found balance. Now, if I can just hold onto it.  I am always looking to do more and to be better.  Throughout my life I have struggled with finding balance while still meeting expectations for each part of my life.  I can usually knock one area out of the park, while I strike out at another.  This has always caused me anxiety and heartache. My perspectives have changed at this stage in the game.  Whether it be from wisdom from learning the hard way, my strengthened faith in God, my increased personal reflection, or a combo of them all I have learned and am continuing to learn how to feel balanced.  Getting my priorities in line and understanding what is and what isn't important to me and my family has removed a huge burden from me.  I have always been an anxious worrier, this is not a good combo when also paired with an over achieving, high strung, self inflicted "too much on my plate" persona that I also wear.  Thankfully, finding balance: spiritually, mentally and physically I have begun to let go of my anxiety and my control driven fears. I have started to feel a new sense of peace.  I vow to myself to continue in the direction I am headed for all of 2013.  I know that my sweet girls are the two people who benefit the most from this balance driven journey.  And, they are my priority.  Happy New Years!


New Years Eve date #1
New Years Eve date #2
(not pictured, Chris, New Years Eve date #3)
Dancing in the New Year (at 8:00 p.m.!)

No comments:

Post a Comment