The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

24 weeks with Polly

Baby girl is growing and officially viable.  Every pregnancy I  love to reach 24 and 28 weeks. Those are big pregnancy milestones for me.  This pregnancy is flying by! I am feeling great and have gained 14 pounds. My doctor said I am right where I need to be (on track to gain 25-30 pounds) and baby is measuring right where she needs to be.  My blood pressure has been great on my medicine and all is well.  Next doctor visit I will have a sonogram to make sure Pollyanna has a good amount of fluid and is still growing on track.  I will also  do my glucose test. We will be in the third trimester!  From here on out we will be getting lots of sonograms to make sure that my gestational hypertension is not affecting our girl.  (Same thing we did with Miss Emma Reese). The next 100+ days are going to fly by! I am loving feeling her move all of the time, so is Chris and the girls.  I am trying to really soak it all in because I know in a few months I will miss having her in me.
I also got the green light for a "gentle" C-section. We have decided to have Polly at Clements University Hospital (which is brand new, and right next to Parkland). I had a long discussion with my doctor and the head nurse of labor and delivery and they are going to accommodate our desires for a "gentle" C-section.  This means that Chris will watch the whole procedure and they will drop the drape and hold me up when they are ready to pull out Polly. I will get to see her be born! Then, assuming all is well, she will be placed directly on me with her cord still attached and she will be cleaned and suctioned and then Chris will cut the cord.  As long as she is doing good she never leaves me and gets to come to recovery with me. I have not had this experience on my previous C-sections. I was the last person in the room to see the baby (learn the sex), I barely got a glimpse of them and they were rushed away and then with Ryan I was in ICU for 6 hours because of hemorrhaging and with Emma I was in recovery for 2 hours.  This surgery does have quite a few risks with my scarring and adhesions from the past, so this plan could change for many reasons, but I am going to stay optimistic and hope for the best.  I have one more request that I hope they can meet.  I would love for Mom to be with us for Polly's delivery.  I know she would just love it too.  I have gotten the green light from Dr. J and the head RN, I just have to get the blessing of the anesthesiologist that day.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment