The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Napa!

I got invited to be Tauri's guest on my Uncle's whirlwind tasting tour of Napa.  It was so much fun!  We packed in a lot in the two days we were there and I am so glad I got to come along.  We stayed on the Markham Vineyard property and got to go 6 tastings!  The weather was beautiful and I loved every second of the experience.
Grabbing burgers and Rose before our first tasting!

Peju wine was delicious and we got to visit the owners private house too!

First tasting
I got to hold the owners chicken!

Such a fun group! Lots of laughs!







Love my cousin!

Aunt Mis and Uncle

Jimmy and Tauri

Me and Lisa!

YUM!

Markham House where we stayed. So beautiful!


Fancy dinner at Morimoto Napa

Uncle with Morimoto :-)


Tasting at Markham

We got a full tour of where the wine is made.

Frog's Leap was my favorite vineyard. The gardens were spectacular!




Best Uncle in the world!

Cheers!

Picking fresh peaches- they were to die for!


Evening at our house, so relaxing.
We drank wine we bought, ordered pizza and played games.


We played lots of bocce ball

I did an early morning run through the vineyard.  

Headed to last tasting before the airport.

Bubbly at Mum!


Our final cheers. My beautiful cousin.

"Brose" as they called it.

Exhausted, but so grateful for such a fun experience with my family!
I barely made my flight! And just to remind me the joys of motherhood,
Polly puked on me on the way home from the airport!


No comments:

Post a Comment