The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, October 5, 2018

4th and 2nd Grade Pictures

On the morning of school pictures I got up early to help the girls get ready.  They had set out their outfits the night before, but I wanted to be able to help them fix their hair if they wanted to do something special. Neither kid did and they got ready with time to spare.  I headed off to work since Chris was home and he could get them to school.  That afternoon when I picked the kids up from school Ryan came walking out with cat ears on.  I asked her if she had worn them all day at school and she said "yes, Dad said I could."  I asked her if she wore them for pictures and she said she couldn't remember. I was so mad.  We got home and I asked Chris about the cat ears and he said "I told her she could wear them as long as she remembered to take them off for pictures."  I couldn't believe it, I knew there was no way that she had remembered to take them off.  I immediately looked up the retake date and planned to have them retaken.  Three weeks later the pictures came home, and sure enough, she had the cat ears on.  I was no longer mad and I laughed and she loved the picture, so we decided we won't do retakes.  The cat ears will live on forever in the yearbook (just like the neon green, plastic choker from the year before will) and we will all look back and laugh.
Ryan
4th Grade

Emma
2nd Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment