The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Friday, August 28, 2020

Chris Deploys and Polly Starts Kinder at Fielder

Chris got deployed with the Texas Task Force for a hurricane.  He got an e-mail at 5 p.m. on Sunday and then a call at 8 p.m.  He left at 5 a.m. Monday morning.  Unfortunately, it happened to be Polly's first day of kindergarten.  This happened three years ago when she started her first day of pre-school, Chris was deployed for Hurricane Harvey.  Polly is a trooper and was excited to go see her friends and get out of the house!  We did an official first day of school photo shoot and then I dropped her off.  It felt strange to not get to walk her in, see her classroom, and to not have met her teacher.  I was excited for her, but sad for me.  I was also a little sad for her.  This was not how kindergarten was supposed to be. I didn't realize how sad I was until I watched her walk inside with a masked teacher and I drove away.  I started crying out of nowhere. It caught me by surprise. I realized this new "norm" is not normal and it made me sad to not be able to have a normal first day of kindergarten drop off. My girl did great though and she LOVED her first day.  No tears from her.  Kids are so resilient.  I am so thankful that she is getting to go to kindergarten and not stuck at home. 

My last kindergartner.




She suddenly looks so big.

Emma and Brook getting some extra private training.

Erin Bergin surprised us with dinner!

TACOS!


AND ICE CREAM!

Polly's new funny face she makes.
It cracks me up!

Early morning workouts in the driveway.
Polly and Stash joined us!

Still smiling about kindergarten!

Still kinda smiling through virtual learning. 


She smiles for Starbucks!

Sweet Levi

Emma loves ribs!

No comments:

Post a Comment