The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2021

10 Year Letters to Emma

 Emma,

My crazy, fun girl!  I can't believe that I have kept up with you for a decade. You NEVER stop moving and talking.  You have never ending energy and we can barely keep up with you.  You have your own sense of style and you do and wear what you want.  Your self assured and confident in all that you do.  You look out for the weak and stand up for what is right.  You continue to be your sisters biggest fans and best playmates. Your grit and skill on the soccer field and basketball court is so fun to watch. I am your biggest fan!  I can't wait to watch what you do this next decade, I hope I can keep up. Love you so much.  Keep shining bright, Emma Reese!


Love,

Mommy



Emma, On this day:

1547 – 9-year-old Edward VI succeeds Henry VII as King of England

1813 – Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice” is published

1887 – Work begins on the Eiffel Tower in Paris

1944 – 683 British bombers attack Berlin

1956 – Elvis Presly made his first appearance on national TV on the Dorsey Brother’s “Stage Show”

1986 – Space Shuttle Challenger explodes 73 seconds after liftoff from Cape Canaveral

2011 – Emma Reese Ivie graced us with her presence

 

Happy Birthday EMMA REESE!! I love you so much! You are the sweetest and sometimes most stubborn kid I know, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I am so proud of you. Thank you for letting me be your Dad.

 

Love You,

Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment