The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2021

COVID STRIKES

Growing up we always referred to my dad bad luck as "DC luck".  I have always felt that I got that gene!  LOL.  I got my first Covid vaccine at work and sure enough I caught it 5 days later.  UGH!  I woke up with night sweats two nights in a row and felt run down but didn't think it was anything other than hormone shifts.  I also choked on a piece of chicken Monday night and assumed that was why my chest was sore and I couldn't take a deep breath.  Then, Wednesday, I got up at 4:45 as usual and went to CG.  I remember the workout feeling hard and my legs feeling heavy.  I got home, showered and got the kids off to school.  I didn't have to be at work until noon, so I laid down to rest.  I was also so cold.  I ended up falling asleep buried under the covers and when I woke up I knew I was running a fever.  I took my temperature, and sure enough I was.  I called my boss and he told me to come in for a chest x-ray and Covid test.  We both assumed I must have some aspirational pneumonia from the choking incident.  No way would I have Covid.  I got my chest x-ray and the Covid PCR swab and went back home.  I quarantined myself in the bedroom, in case I had it, and waited for result.  I ran fever all day and felt pretty bad.  I started on antibiotics for pneumonia, so I figured I would feel better after 24 hours of that.  I slept okay, and woke up and waited for my results.  I couldn't believe it when they called to tell me I was positive for Covid.  So, my 10 days of quarantine/isolation began. 
First temp

Mandatory 2 weeks home for the girls.
Poor Polly only got to go to Hill 2 days before this happened.

Emma didn't want to miss soccer so she had to 
go get a Covid test. She was freaked out!

She was negative!

I hate to miss games so I drove to her tournament and watched from
my van.  It ended up being a terrible idea and I paid for it later.

This outing wiped me out.

Doctor Emma screened our family for Covid.


I had some rough days, but started feeling better
day 8.  I spent some time outside

Erin gifted me this patio heater!
SO NICE!

Playing in the rain!

My Covid snuggle buddy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment