The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

6 Month Stats




Weight: 16 lbs 14 oz (75th percentile)


Length: 26.25 inches (75th percentile)


Head Circumference: 44.5 (90th percentile)


Eating: Four 4-6 oz bottles a day (at 8a.m., noon, 4 pm. and 7:30 p.m.) , three "meals" a day (at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.) served with a sippy cup of water to wash it down! Ryan is beginning to eat table food mashed up. She has tried avocado, mashed potatoes, french fries, bread, cheerios, ice cream, bananas, sweet potatoes


Sleeping:We are the luckiest parents- she is STILL a good sleeper! Ryan's bedtime has creeped up to 7:30-7:45 most nights. She usually sleeps in until 8-8:30ish. Every now and then she will wake up and want her paci, but other than that she is down for the count. She has slept in her own crib since day one at home and really likes to go to bed when she is tired. Putting her in her crib was the best decision we made so far! She gets great rest- and so do we!


Naps: 2-3 a day. Usually one long 2 hour nap in the late morning and then a couple short ones in the afternoon and evening. She also still loves a good cat nap in the car.


Size: 6 month and 6-9 months clothing, size 2 diapers


Newest Accomplishment: rolling like crazy in all directions, able to sit unsupported for over 5 minutes, completed a 5K with us, tolerated 25 minutes at the gym daycare!, first round of antibiotics










Chris stood her up, but she was able to stay standing

(won't be long before we need to lower her mattress)


Ryan crashing out early on the couch with her Daddy


A lot happened this week.Some things not so happy. Ryan got her first cold. It was very sad, but she handled it like she does everything- with a smile. She never ran a fever and really didn't fuss that much so we didn' take her in. She had a stuffy nose and a cough and a few nights of waking up. Other than that, she was her happy self. At her 6 month check up she had to get FOUR shots!!!!! Our pediatrician noticed a little redness in her ear so we started antibiotics today to prevent an ear infection. Poor baby vomited for the first time today, after Mamaw gave her the first dose. I can't blame her thought- it is not tasty! I attempted to get the second dose down her this evening but wasn't very successful. Chris will have to be the one who tackles that task.

Saturday morning was also a first. I took Ryan to the gym with me. She has reached the 6 month age requirement and I decided we would give it a try. I left her with a stranger for the first time! She was happy as can be when I left her, but I was a little worried because I had cut it close to nap time. Chris had mistakenly taken my car keys to work with him and we had to wait for him to drop them off. I checked on her after 10 minutes and she was sitting and happily playing. Fifteen minutes later I heard "Jessi Ivie please come to the kids club". I went running! The munch was a snotty, crying mess. Needless to say I finished my workout at home. I was proud of us both though, we made it 25 minutes. Next time we will shoot for 30.


Ryno,

I cannot believe half a years gone by already. I can not imagine this past 6 months without you as well. You have and will continue to be a blessing in our lives. You amaze me every day as I watch you grow and learn. I hope I can be the father that you deserve.



Love you.


Dad





Munch,

Wow- half a year has flown by. You bring so much happiness into our life. You are the sunshine that brightens my day. No matter what is going on if I am with you I am happy. You have the sweetest smile and I love to laugh with you. I cherish: giving you baths, reading to you, playing silly games, watching you wake up, your smile when you see me, your love for your dad, how proud your grandparents are of you. Please keep that happy spirit and continue to grow strong and smart. You amaze us everyday. I love you my sweet munch and thank you for the BEST 6 months of my life.


Love,


Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment