The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Future Big Sister

Our famous picture we take when we discover we are pregnant (plus Ry this time)- Chris likes to look shocked!
Yep! Ryan is going to be a big sister! Looking back now I am wondering if she knew these past few weeks before we did. Is that why my perfect sleeper has been waking in the night crying out for mom and dad? Does she have the same worries that we do? How can we love another baby as much as Ryan? How can another baby be as perfect as Ryan? How can another baby be as pretty and smart as Ryan? How do we take any time and attention away from Ryan? How are we ever gonna handle an 18 month old and a newborn?!! I have a feeling we will figure it out. We have a few months to try! I am being reminded by many of my friends that have kids close in age what a gift it will be for Ryan. She will have a playmate and a friend for life. They will be so close in age that Ryan won't remember life without her sibling. We are very excited, and I know that we will have plenty of love to go around. Baby Ivie #2 expected in February 2011!

Ryan helped Mommy take the test


No denying that!


We were gonna "try" to get pregnant next month after our trip to the Bahamas. God had a different plan! And although it is a month early, and right before we go on vacation, I am very thankful that we have never had to "try". So far I feel great, but it is very early. I do feel a little tired, but I think that has been because Ryan has been waking up in the night. I am just hoping for a breeze of a pregnancy like last time! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment