The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

Hoping this is a phase....

Sweet Ryan-

What happened to my perfect sleeper? Where did she go? Who is this baby that wakes up SCREAMING in the night? I have done so many things to ensure that you are a good sleeper. Until a week ago it has all paid off. I read Baby Wise, I enforced a strict schedule when you were tiny, I woke you to feed you every three hours for many weeks early on, we arrange and make plans around your two daily naps, we hurry home to make your bedtime, etc..... I have always bragged about how you are put to bed awake and fall right to sleep without crying, you have slept through the night since you were 3.5 months old, you never cry (or scream), you have slept in your own room in your own crib from day one. What has happened!?? Starting last week you have been waking between 1 and 2 in the morning screaming, not crying out for your paci, but screaming. When we come into your room you have tears and are reaching up for us. We have tried rocking you, singing to you, and even letting you sleep with us. Sometimes (after an hour or two) we can get you to settle and put you back in your crib. Other nights we aren't so lucky. The past 3 out of 4 nights, since your dad went out of town, no such luck. Being in the first trimester, and starting to feel the new baby suck all my energy, getting 3-4 nonconsecutive hours of sleep and then trying to work the next day has not been working out so well for me. The past two nights you and I both have ended up in tears when I cannot figure out how to make you happy. If only you could tell me. Is it your teeth? Is it your tummy? Are you having nightmares? Do you suddenly hate your room? Are you scared of the dark? Are there spiders in your crib? Are you worried about the new baby? The questions get more irrational the less sleep I get. I have got to get to the bottom of this. You and I both need our rest. Even though I love to be the one you reach for when you need comforting, and sometimes I miss you when you sleep 12+ hours straight, I need my good sleeper back!


Ryan at about 4:30 in the a.m. when I gave up on sleep

and just decided to get up and start the day




She drags her poor bunny all across the floor-


I probably need to go ahead and purchase bunny #2.



P.S. We are SOOOOOOOOOOO lucky to have your grandparents live so close and be so involved in your life. Mamaw had to come over last night and help me get you to sleep because I was in tears and hadn't eaten dinner and it was after 8 and you wanted nothing to do with bedtime. Now, you are waking at night AND not going down easy. She rocked and sang to you for an hour until you finally went to sleep. Thank goodness for help. I talked to Chris today and he may leave camp for a night to come home and help me. We have to figure out how to stop this!

No comments:

Post a Comment