The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

When Ryan wakes at night there IS a reason!!!!!! Poor girl is sick!

So, after the worst night of sleep yet my parents suggested I take Ryan in to make sure nothing is wrong. Sure enough the poor baby had 100.4 fever and a bad ear infection. The pediatrician said that when babies are laying flat for a long time, like at night, the pressure in their ears builds and can be very painful when they have an infection. Ah ha! So, that is what has been waking my angel. No wonder you have been screaming out in pain and arching your little back when we try to lay you back down in your crib. Now I understand why you can only go back to sleep on my chest in the chair or laying across my belly. Your little ears were hurting and you were trying to tell me. I had thought you felt a little warm in the night, but I thought it was because you had been screaming. I am so glad that we took you in and got you checked. Now you are on medicine and it should all go away. I should have my perfect sleeper back again. And now I know next time when you aren't your perfect self you are sick! So sorry it took so many nights to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment