The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Few Firsts!!

We have had some BIG milestones this past week! The biggest and best is that Ry is WALKING! And not just a few steps- she is all over the place! For the past month she has been walking short distances: from Mommy to Daddy, from furniture to furniture, all over the world with the wagon! But now she is walking anywhere she wants and without any coaxing or help! There is no stopping her now. I know that I could have said she was "walking" at 12 months, when she took a few steps, but this is what I call walking! And I am so proud of her. The only bad part was her Daddy was out of town this weekend camping when she really took off. He is not gonna believe it when he gets home!
Secondly this week, Chris got to feel Baby Ivie #2 move! This baby is very active and I felt it move a lot earlier than I recognized Ryan's movement. And now Chris has gotten to feel it a lot sooner this time as well! It is pretty neat. I am really trying to enjoy the fun things about being pregnant because it is over so fast and then you blink and your baby is walking!
And lastly, Ryan has started to show positive signs that she will be a loving big sister. (Remember the doll incident). At bedtime when the three of us are laying in bed while Ryan winds down I will pat my tummy and say "Ryan, can you pat your baby in Mommy's belly?" The first time I was holding my breath as she leaned over awaiting the punch or slap she had in store for me. But to my surprise that time, and every time since, she goes through the sweet routine of gently patting my tummy, then giving it a kiss and laying her head down on it. It is one of the sweetest things that I have seen. My favorite time of the day is laying in bed in the evening goofing off and loving on Ryan with Chris.
Pictures and videos of some of these first to come- I am just too tired tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment