The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Over The Top - I Know!

I was talking to my good friend Kristi about how I sometimes surprise myself by the "mom" that I am. Although I have always been a planner and fairly organized, I guess I didn't realize how those traits would carry over when it came to being a "mom". I love a schedule and like to know what to expect in my day to day life. I am not big on the unknown or change. Little did I know that these traits would also influence the way I parent. This is a good thing in many ways, but I think I may take it a little too far. But I just can't help it! My daughter is an excellent eater and sleeper and I feel a tiny bit responsible (or at least the schedule that I have designed)for these things. Therefor I am a little married to this schedule. Thankfully the man I am actually married to is also a believer in the schedule . (Love him!) The only downside is the fact that I feel it necessary to make lists for people who watch her and don't know the schedule by heart. Every time I make one I feel a little embarrassed afterwards when I reread it. Only family watches Ryan, and all of them have successfully raised children, but yet I leave the list. I pray that I do not offend anyone, I hope they just laugh at me, but laugh as they follow the schedule :-) I am only joking-actually straying from the schedule ( a little bit) is not the end of the world. Well, I was talking to Kristi describing the list with all of the obvious details I can't help but to include. She laughed at me and wanted to see it. (We are a lot alike, so I would bet money she has made, or will make a list) So, I am going to laugh at myself, and post an example. We can only hope that this gets better not worse with two little schedules to follow and lists to keep up with- that or I may never be able to convince anyone to keep my children!




To be honest this is a one of my less embarrassing lists.

1 comment:

  1. we left ashlyn for the first time this week and i am pretty sure my list included "for emergency-call 911" WOW!

    ReplyDelete