The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

23 Months Old

I realized that this is the last age that we will describe you in months. Once you are two it seems people describe your age in half years (two, two and a half, three...) You haven't been a baby for sometime, but I guess after you turn two next month you are officially a toddler. It is so hard to believe how much you have grown in these 23 months. You are amazing. So brilliant. I know I am your mother so I automatically think that, but so many other people are so impressed by how smart you are. You are so attentive to everything around you and you pick up things so quickly. Your zest for life and learning is contagious. Your verbal skills are far beyond your age and have been since you said your first words. I feel bad that I didn't do a better job recording all of your first words. But they all came at once! You started talking at one and have not stopped! There is nothing that you cannot say and the amazing part is that you comprehend it! You don't just parrot words, you understand them! Apparently this is not normal for under two years old. I have no idea what is "normal", but this is what I have been told.

You have so much energy and make the most of everyday. You rest hard so you can play hard. Watching you play and pretend is one of my favorite things to do. You really love to play with your doll house and your animals. Pretend play is so fun and I LOVE that I get to do it all over again with you. The past 23 months have been the best of my life, and I think the best is yet to come! And if I have issues and want to refer to you as 24 months (or 120 months when you are ten), then so be it! You will always be my first baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment