The Ivie Family Blog

The Ivie Family Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Poop Party 2011

It was gross, so this post is not for those who are easily grossed out! Quick warning that this is s a poop post (in case the title didn't give it away). I can no longer put Ryan down for a nap in just her diaper. Here is how I learned my lesson, the hard way.

It was Thursday, Burn Camp visitors day, and I couldn't wait to visit Chris! The girls and I had really missed him and I was excited to see all the kids at camp. I decided we would leave after naps, to decrease the chance of a melt down. Emma went down easy at 11 and a little before noon Ryan was asking for "nappy". She had made a mess of her pajamas during breakfast, and it was a hot day, so I put her down in just her diaper. I packed the car while the girls slept and anxiously waited for them to wake up so we could hit the road. I knew we had an almost 2 hour drive, so I was hoping to be out the door by 2:00. A quarter til 2:00 I hear Ryan calling "mommy, poopy!" For some reason Ryan likes to poop during her naps, so I didn't think anything of it. When I opened her door I was met by the smell, still not out of the ordinary. Ryan was standing in her crib saying "mud, wow, that's a lot of mud", also very normal. I was happy to see her diaper still on. As I got closer to her crib I could see her sheet and her bumper and I realized that they were covered with poop! Then I looked at her and realized she was covered in poop. Poop was everywhere! All over bunny, all over the floor, all over everything! I screamed! I grabbed Ryan and dropped her in the tub and started stripping her bed. So much for getting on the road by 2:00. Once I had Shout on all the bumpers, a load in the washer washing (bunny included) and Ryan soaped and scrubbed in the tub I finally was able to respond to Emma crying out for me to get her. I opened her bedroom door and thought to myself "wow, it smells like poop in here too. Ryan really stunk it up!". Emma was all smiles when she saw me and I scooped her up. Next thing you know she was thrown into the tub with her sister. Emma had the fullest diaper of her career. She had not played with it like her sister, but it still warranted a bath. What a mess! Somehow we managed to get out the door by 2:30. I was pooped!

Ryan and Emma planning the poop party

Emma trying to act like she is playing with her toy
so I won't suspect anything.



Looking sleepy, ready to go down for her nap and fill her diaper

No comments:

Post a Comment